Phone blockade of Nad’s takeaway
Nottingham Solidarity Network call for a phone blockade of Nad’s takeaway
on Saturday the 14th April between 6pm and 10pm.
Following the delivery of the demand letter to unscrupulous landlord Mr. Shakil on the 31st of March (see previous posts for more info on the case), the £700 deposit still hasn’t been returned to J and his housemates. Having
assured Mr. Shakil that we would continue in our efforts to collect the
deposit, we are calling for a phone blockade of his current workplace –
Nad’s takeaway owned by his brother in law – on 0115 9100555. When you
call we ask:
– That you suggest politely that Mr. Shakil be encouraged to return J and
his housemates deposit,
– That no animosity is felt towards Nads. We are merely trying to
collectively respond to Mr. Shakil’s treatment of his former tenants.
– That Mr. Shakil continued to collect rent from J and his housemates, but
did not use the rent to pay the mortgage on the house, leading to it’s
repossession and the tenants eviction.
– Mr. Shakil should have placed the £700 in a tenancy deposit scheme. He
illegally neglected to do so.
– Various attempts have been made to contact Mr. Shakil and he has been
politely asked to pay back the deposit. These requests have been ignored.
– J and his housemates are not alone in this, Nottingham Solidarity
Network will continue to contact Mr. Shakil until the deposit is returned.